Join a small team of media specialists who are establishing the most trusted voice and go-to brand in presenting secular mindfulness to a mainstream audience. Collaborate with us by bringing your experience in advertising sales to our multi-media platforms, driving continuous adverting sales growth and profitability at our flagships, Mindful magazine and mindful.org. Providing a high-level of customer service to clients and potential customers, you will generate revenue through the selling of print and online advertising.
Mindful’s parent organization, The Foundation for a Mindful Society, is an independent not-for-profit registered in the U.S., with central business and editorial operations located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Candidates able to work remotely from the U.S. or other parts of Canada are encouraged to apply.
- Outbound phone/online meeting/email sales to new and existing endemic (mindfulness-oriented) advertising accounts.
- National ad sales of Mindful Magazine, Mindful.org newsletters and native/sponsored advertising.
- Renewal of existing and past advertisers, plus identification and cultivation of potential new advertisers, including cold-calling prospects and maintaining and expanding the company’s database of prospects.
- With the use of the company CRM, preparing advertising proposals and contracts, plus project short and long-term sold and pending business.
- Maintaining timely entry and ongoing updates in company CRM.
- Collaborate with ad director to determine sales strategies and priorities.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations and other sales actions as directed by ad director.
- When appropriate, attend nationals trade shows, exhibits, and other events for face-to-face selling purposes.
- Participate in professional development where appropriate.
- Understand and communicate Mindful’s brand identity.
- Service all in-bound client inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ad director.
Specific qualifications and skills:
- Two to five years’ experience in advertising sales.
- Experience with the promotion and marketing of online offerings and content.
- Practice or interest in mindfulness and meditation an advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of both the media industry and the needs of advertising clients.
- Excellent sales acumen; strong communication, negotiating, and influence skills; and creative and strategic thinking abilities.
Base salary plus commission arrangement. Commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent, accommodating work environment.
Deadline for Applications: 20 January 2017.
To apply please send covering letter and resume to Cindy Littlefair at firstname.lastname@example.org
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8196908 http://www.mindful.org/advertising-sales-manager/