We’re in Valley Forge National Park, sitting on this amazing tree that’s still alive but lying on the ground, with these deep exposed roots. It’s a great place to practice meditation, a grounding meditation.
There are days when we feel flustered and unrooted, there are times when we feel like we’re just living in our head. Well, it’s easy just a policy, even for a minute, and practice some deep breathing with your feet on the ground.
1-Minute Grounding Meditation
- Take a seat with your feet on the ground
- Take a deep breath in. Feel your body as you inhale.
- Take a long breath out. Notice your body as you exhale.
- Follow your breath in and out.
- Rest your mind on your belly or your chest or at your nostrils.
- Just be aware as you breathe in and aware as you breathe out.
The tree we were sitting under is that small yellow spot in the middle of the above panoramic image of Valley Forge National Park.
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8196908 http://www.mindful.org/1-minute-grounding-meditation/